- Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360)
- Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One, Launch Title)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One, TBD Holiday 2015)
- Pixologic zBrush
- Microsoft PIX
- Visual Studio
- Maxscript (extensive)
- C# and XAML (extensive)
- HLSL (DX9) (some)
- C++ (some)
- Powershell (some)
- MSBuild (some)
4/10 – Current : Technical Artist (Contract), Turn10 (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Manager – Arthur Shek, Technical Director, (425) 703 - 2007 ex. 32007
- Shipped Forza Motorsport 4 for the Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 5 as a launch title for the
Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport 6.
- Worked with environment leads throughout the development of Forza Motorsport 4 to research
and author HLSL shaders and acted as the owner of the HLSL shader library
- Developed C# tooling and pipelines to expedite content iteration
- Responsible for Maxscript tool authoring and ownership of the studio MXS codebase, contributed
to by multiple developers
- Mentored junior technical artists and tools developers to strengthen their software development
skillset and train them in the pipelines they would be working with at Turn 10
- Code reviewed developer work across the tools department
- Responsible for triaging and resolving user issues across the studio
- Served as a fulcrum for cross-team efforts, relied on by test leads, art leads, and engine
developers, through comprehensive understanding of the processes, trade-offs, and challenges
faced by those respective teams
2/10 – 3/10 : Environment Artist (Contract), Valkyrie Entertainment
10/09 – 11/09 : 3D Graphic Artist (Contract), Bungie
- Manager – Joakim Wejdemar, President, (206) 383 - 6437
- Produced level art content for an unannounced Unreal Engine 3.0 project by Timegate Studios.
5/08 – 5/09 : Track Artist (Contract), Turn10 (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Manager – Jim McQuillan, Creative Director of Visual Design, (425) 739 - 4969
- Prepared Halo: Reach content for use by external partners for toy production.
10/07 – 1/09 : Editor, GameReplays.org
- Manager – Matt Collins, Environment Art Lead, (425) 722 - 4416
- Worked on Forza Motorsport 3, a first-party AAA title for the Xbox 360 platform.
- Created realistic and highly accurate environment art assets for real-world race tracks.
- Developed HLSL shaders for environment art in conjunction with lead artists, including procedurally animated vertex shaders.
- Produced Maxscript tools for artists to help expedite time-consuming tasks.
6/05 – 4/08 : Artist, Forgotten Hope mod for Battlefield 2
- Responsible for proof-reading and editing strategy guides and articles for the Company of Heroes section of GameReplays.org, a website dedicated to competitive RTS and FPS gaming.
- Wrote a 3000+ word article with statistical analysis and graphs to prove the existence of a patch error in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts patch 2.102, later confirmed by the developers as an accurate report.
- Responsible for modeling and skinning work for new meshes in the Battlefield 2 engine; includes experience working with generating and utilizing normal maps.
- Won fourth place for ModDB's 2007 “Mod of the Year” awards, as well as second place in “Best Unreleased Mod” in both 2005 and 2006.
- Mod team website: http://www.fhmod.org
- Savannah College of Art and Design – Savannah, Georgia
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Interactive Development/Game Design ; Magna Cum Laude
James O'Donnell - firstname.lastname@example.org - (425) 891 - 9688